All those late nights fueled by coffee, churning out blog posts and creating pinnable graphics… They’re just about to do you in.
And just when you think you’re just about to get a big break? Along comes another brand new blogger whose stats blow yours out of the water.
And you’re starting to wonder, Is this what it’s always going to feel like?
How to the pros do it?
How do they have the energy?
Well, I have a little secret for you:
Not all the pros are running the rat race. In fact, some of them are actually taking life pretty slow, enjoying the ride.
And I’m excited to let you hear about that first-hand from my guest on today’s Blog Maven podcast.
Introducing… Tsh from The Art of Simple
I’m excited to welcome Tsh Oxenreider to The Blog Maven today. Tsh was one of the first bloggers I started reading way back in 2009, and her blog The Art of Simple is a mainstay in the simple living space.
I respect Tsh for several reasons:
- She’s one smart cookie. Nothing for Tsh is accidental. She runs a contributor blog and has honed the process to a fine art. She has created systems for every part of her business – from managing multiple contributors (on multiple blogs!) to a rock-solid editorial calendar that guides her posting, month by month throughout the year…every year.
- Can I say it? She’s cool. Tsh loves adventure. She and her family are currently in the middle of a full year of traveling the globe. And not only is she doing the trip, she’s also living her message: with only a backpack of goods per person (including her three kids), they’re making the most of life on the road – and blogging the story.
- She stays true to her roots. Even after becoming wildly popular, Tsh remains a down-to-earth, generous soul who truly wants her readers to achieve simpler, more intentional, and more meaningful lives.
In this episode, you’ll hear about Tsh’s journey from the early days of her blog (before social media was a thing, y’all), to her glory days as a content-producing powerhouse – and how in 2015 she’s scaling it all back and changing her focus. You’ll also hear:
- How social media has changed what it means to be a blogger
- The effect of the common advice to “be everywhere” on social media and why Tsh is choosing not to play the game
- How “quality content” is changing with readers’ attention spans, and whether your blog posts should be shorter
- Why Tsh has stopped publishing 3x per week
- How her commitment to simplicity is changing the way Tsh monetizes her blog
- The simple rule of thumb you can use to simplify your SEO and Pinterest strategies
- …and lots more!
Resources and Links Mentioned in the Show Include:
- The Art of Simple blog
- Upstream Field Guide, Tsh’s new course on living a simpler life
- Lisa-Jo Baker
- Clearly app for Evernote
- Ulysses for Mac
- User Role Editor – plugin for managing users’ level of access inside a WordPress site
- Modern Mrs. Darcy
- The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society
- Chatting at the Sky
- Nom Nom Paleo
- Tsh’s Tiny Letter
Enjoy the show? Thank Tsh on Twitter!
Just click here to say hi and tweet a simple message of thanks to Tsh for sharing her blogging life with us. She’s awesome.
What’s the one gold nugget you’re going to take away from my conversation with Tsh? And what are you going to do about it?
For me, it’s that idea of “follow the fun” (a tip of the hat to Lisa-Jo Baker for that one, too). It turns out I’m just not a Facebook kind of gal…so I’m going to stick with Pinterest, my favorite social playground.
How about you? Leave a comment below.